Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What steps should I take to protect my website idea?

I have an idea for a website but unfortunately I barely know basic HTML. I would like to hire someone to help produce this website but need to know the process to protect my idea. Not long ago I came up with a basic idea for a website and now it quite literally wants to explode from my head. The sheer impotence I feel about not knowing how or what to do is agonizing. What about a lawyer? What kind of lawyer? What about non-disclosure and non-compete? What about copyright/patent? As for copyright, how do I copyright this when it is still just an idea? I'm not doing anything new except for the function of the site, so I ume a patent is out of the question. How much will this cost me before I even hire someone, roughly? Is there a way to pay someone I hire, to work on the site, with "shares"? If so, would it a good idea to do that? What additional steps, if any, would I need to take if I were to hire my friend that lives in the UK, to do the primary work? I am thoroughly lost, so any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated. TYIA

No comments:

Post a Comment